IDSA & ID in the News
Healio spoke with IDSA spokesperson Kathryn Edwards, MD, FIDSA to get her perspective on findings from a recent study published in Annals of Family Medicine which reports that “repeated inactivated influenza immunization appeared to increase long-term protection against some respiratory illness episodes in children with pre-existing medical conditions.”
This is just one of the several news pieces that IDSA and our member spokespersons contributed to, in addition to others highlighted below. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to see the latest news stories featuring IDSA, HIVMA and our members.
- Infectious Disease News: Less restrictive OPAT criteria for infective endocarditis safe, effective (John Lynch, MD, MPH)
- Infectious Disease News: Rat hepatitis E may be ‘under-recognized’ cause of hepatitis infection (David Thomas, MD, MPH, FIDSA)
- Infectious Disease News: Tafenoquine prevents P. vivax relapse; further study needed (Krutika Kuppalli, MD)
- STAT: HIV care is threatened by proposed changes to Medicare Part D (W. David Hardy, MD)
- WIRED: We Can Still Avoid a Repeat of Last Year's Deadly Flu Season (Matthew Zahn, MD, FIDSA)