If this is your first time logging in, you are required to accept the terms & conditions, and will see an "accept" button at the bottom of this page.
IDSA COMMUNITY RULES & ETIQUETTE
Thank you for being part of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (“IDSA”) community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, IDSA has established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these community rules and guidelines. You also agree that all reserve discussions and shared files and content will be subject to compliance with this Code of Conduct. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Communications department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, IDSA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry or other area where others might see it. This includes job postings, which we recommend sharing on the ID/HIV Career Center. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Don’t discuss sensitive anticompetitive topics, such as prices, salaries, benefits, fees, specific business transactions, or individual firms or companies.
- There must be no agreements on prices, salaries, benefits, fees, allocation of markets, or boycotting of any person or company.
- Use caution when discussing products or services. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, harassing or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not defame, disparage, or criticize any person or company. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that IDSA and other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- Don’t disclose proprietary, confidential, or legally privileged information, and don’t disclose medical information protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. IDSA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
- IDSA does not promote any particular charity or avenue of donation other than the IDSA Foundation within this community. Posts encouraging donations outside the IDSA Foundation will be removed.
DISCUSSION GROUP ETIQUETTE
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals—not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the list." Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
This site is provided as a service for the members of IDSA. IDSA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. IDSA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by IDSA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall IDSA be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever or any medical or health related matters of any kind resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment nor is a physician-patient relationship created by this website or its use. The information on the site is provided for general knowledge only, intended to assist practitioners and patients in making healthcare decisions for specific clinical circumstances, but is not a substitute for medical advice. IDSA does not give medical advice or engage in the practice of medicine. IDSA under no circumstances recommends particular treatment for specific individuals and in all cases recommends consulting a physician prior to pursuing any course of treatment. IDSA makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this website. All information provided on the website is general information provided for educational purposes and is subject to change without notice.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, harassing or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants IDSA and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers.
IDSA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of IDSA, then IDSA will take all appropriate action.
IDSA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (“IDSA”) respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to its website. Information from website visitors is collected primarily to help better serve IDSA members and others. IDSA uses encryption and other technology to store personal information gathered online in an attempt to provide a secure environment that is protected from unauthorized third party access, alteration, theft, or misuse.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and email address will not be released, sold or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH THIS SITE
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Credit Card Account Information
IDSA does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, IDSA submits the information needed to secure payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
REMEMBER THE RISKS WHENEVER YOU USE THE INTERNET
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.